|Title||By-Laws of First Church of Christ, Scientist of Hoboken, N.J., n.d., ca. 1931-1960.|
|MULTIMEDIA LINKS||CLICK HERE to view the PDF; note - please be patient while file opens.|
|Collection||Hoboken Churches & Religion Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Matt Seriale, T & M Contracting Co., Inc.|
|Scope & Content||
By-Laws of First Church of Christ, Scientist of Hoboken, N.J., No date, issued at least after May 1931 and probably up to 1960s. Pamphlet, 4" wide x 5-3/4" high, 24 pp. plus covers; appendix, index. Three copies. PDF on file.
This was a branch church of the Mother Church. A brief history (Historical Sketch) of the Hoboken church up to May 1931 is on page 1 (text is in notes.)
See archives 2011.036.0101 for a 1913 version.
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|
By-Laws of First Church of Christ, Scientist of Hoboken, N.J., No date, issued at least after May 1931 and probably up to 1960s.
Text from page 1:
A group of Christian Scientists first met inHoboken in October 1908. This group was recognized by The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Mass., as a Christian Science Society in December, 1909, and on February 6, 1912, was incorporated as First Church of Christ, Scientist, Hoboken, N. J. It was again incorporated on January 24, 1922, under an act of the Legislature affecting Christian Science Churches as embodied in Chapter 66, page 101 of the New Jersey Pamphlet Laws of 1921. Regular services were first held at 105 Eighth Street, and later at 234 Washington Street. The Church then acquired its own property at 414 Hudson Street, and subsequently moved to the present location, 829 Bloomfield Street. The Corner Stone of the church edifice at 829 Bloomfield Street was laid on December 13, 1930, and on May 17, 1931, this Church was dedicated.
|Year Range from||1931.0|
|Year Range to||1960.0|
First Church of Christ, Scientist
234 Washington St.
414 Hudson St.
829 Bloomfield St.
|Caption||front cover (rear cover blank)|
Social & Personal Activity