|Title||Digital image of newsclipping: Stevens' seed sprouts into school. Hudson Dispatch, July 10, 1979.|
|Collection||Hoboken Schools & School Activities Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Bob Maier.|
|Scope & Content||
Digital image of newsclipping: Stevens' seed sprouts into school. Hudson Dispatch, July 10, 1979.
Discuss founding of Mustard Seed Christian School. In 1866 Edwin Stevens deeded land at Sixth St. and Park Avenue to German Evangelical Church and loaned church money to build a parochial school. In 1979 the Community Church of Hoboken was converting the building back to a parochial school. It was used for a time by Stevens Hoboken Academy. HOPES occupied it from July 1966 to 1968-69.
Museum does not own original. See primary record archives 2005.079.0032.
Stevens, Edwin A.
Kaden, Rev. George
|Year Range from||1979|
|Year Range to||1979|
German Evangelical Church (Reformed)
HOPES (Hob.Org. Against Poverty & Economic Stress)
Mustard Seed School