|Title||Tickets, transportation, 7: Erie Lackawanna Railway Co., Weekly Commutation Ticket, between Hoboken & Ridgewood or Gladstone, June-Aug. 1970.|
|Object Name||Ticket, Transportation|
|Collection||Hoboken Railroad Collection|
|Scope & Content||
Railroad tickets, seven: Erie Lackawanna Railway Co., Weekly Commutation Ticket, 5 between Hoboken and Ridgewood; 2 between Hoboken and Gladstone, various weeks June to August, 1970. Form varies.
Printed pale green cardstock (except no. 5 - white) in black and green ink, 2" high x 4-1/8" wide. No punches. Purchase validation stamp on back of each: those purchased in Ridgewood have old stamp: Erie R.R. Co.; those purchased in Hoboken: Hoboken Terminal. Serial numbers.
Note the machine printed tickets carry the old name of Railroad rather than Railway. The name of company changed from Railroad to Railway in the spring of 1968. Apparently this was old ticket stock. See archives 2013.001.0088.03 for more detail about the machine printed tickets applied to the weekly form.
1. Ridgewood; week 22; week ending June 6; Form WC
2. Ridgewood; week 23; week ending June 13; Form WC
3. Ridgewood; week 24; week ending July 20; machine printed ticket purchased at Hoboken Terminal; Form WCT
4. Gladstone; week 25; week ending June 27; machine printed ticket purchased at Hoboken Terminal; Form WCT
5. Gladstone; week 26; week ending July 4; machine printed ticket purchased at Hoboken Terminal; Form WCT
6. Ridgewood; week 27; week ending July 11; Form WC
7. Ridgewood; week 28; week ending July 18; Form WC
8. Ridgewood; week 32; week ending August 15; Form WC
R.H. Taylor, Manager, Suburban Traffic.
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|
|Year Range from||1970.0|
|Year Range to||1970.0|
Erie Lackawanna Railway
|Caption||seven 1970 weekly commutation tickets|
Business & Commerce