|Title||Souvenir booklet from the 25th Anniversary of the Hoboken Academie, February 11, 1886.|
|MULTIMEDIA LINKS||CLICK HERE to view the PDF; note - please be patient while file opens.|
|Collection||Hoboken Schools & School Activities Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Ken Schultz|
|Scope & Content||
Souvenir booklet from the 25th Anniversary of the Hoboken Academie, February 11, 1886. 8-3/8" high x 5-1/2" wide.  pp. plus lithographed cover. Four punched holes for original ribbon-tied binding; blue-green fragments are all that remain. Text in german, not translated. PDF on file.
A history of this German-language school from its founding, including many names of Hoboken residents, organizations, and school staff. The school was on Fifth Street at the northeast corner of Willow Avenue and Fifth St. Known as the Hoboken Academy, it inaugurated the building shown on the cover on February 10, 1861. It was demolished ca. 1970.
The school's founding date was 1860, but this 25th anniversary is dated from the building opening.
|Notes||copy of an 1886 booklet of the old Hoboken Academy, a private school at the northeast corner of 4th St. and Willow Ave.|
|Year Range from||1886|
|Year Range to||1866|
Social & Personal Activity