|Title||Pamphlets, 5, using Davis Baking Powder et al; for use in Home Economics classes; issued by R. B Davis Company, Hoboken, N.J., 1930; 1931.|
|Collection||Hoboken Manufactured Products Collection|
|Credit||Museum Collections. Gift of a friend of the Museum.|
|Scope & Content||
Five pamphlets about Davis Baking Powder and related products for use in Home Economics classes; issued by R. B Davis Company, Hoboken, N.J., copyright 1930 or 1931. Single folio, 5" x 7-1/4" high,  pp. Each is printed on a different colored paper; varying ink color.
While obviously intended for instructional use in education, the distribution may have also been to women's clubs or similar organizations. Stated on each is "Compiled by Elsie Stark, Director, Home Economics Department."
Recipes and promotional copy include two other Davis products: Davis Dry Yeast Baking Powder and Cocomalt.
1. What Baking Powder Batters & Doughs mean to you. Copyright 1930. No recipes - educational text re classification of batters and doughs; essential ingredients listed and described; mechanical methods of combining; how to obtain best results.
2. Old Reliable and Its Relatives. Copyright 1930. Recipe chart for biscuits, cheese wafers, rolls and shortcake.
3. Superior Quality Cakes. Copyright 1931. Cakes and a sugar cookie recipe. Includes frosting recipes.
4. King of Treats. Copyright 1931. Recipe chart for griddle cakes (pancakes) and waffles.
5. "Gems" for Emergencies. Copyright 1931. Recipe chart for muffins.
|Year Range from||1930.0|
|Year Range to||1931.0|
R.B. Davis Company
|Caption||1: outside, pp [1+4]; What Baking Powder Batters & Doughs mean to you.|