|Title||Postcards, 7, sent to Florence and/or Madeline Miller, 716 Bloomfield St., Hoboken from various people, v.d., ca.1910-1978.|
|Collection||Papers of Florence G. Miller & Family|
|Credit||Gift of Charles J. Tramer & Frank Balogh.|
|Scope & Content||
Postcards, seven, sent to Florence and/or Madeline Miller, 716 Bloomfield St., Hoboken from various people, various dates, circa 1910-1978.
From the family papers of Florence Miller.
1. Color postcard, divided back: Napoli. [Naples] Villa Nazionale - Stazione Zoologica, sent to Madeline, inkstamped Hotel Hassler, Napoli, postmarked Napoli, date not legible, but postage stamp is a half Victor Emanuel 10 centesimi which was not used after June 16, 1921.
2. Black-and-white postcard: View of Enoshima [Japan], sent to "Miss Miller" dated Sept. 24, 1919, postmarked Tokio [Tokyo], Oct. 10, 1919.
3. Linen finish color postcard: Ocean Front Hotels from Indian Creek, Miami, Fla., sent to Florence and Madeline, 1953.
4. Color postcard: St. Patrick's Cathedral , Fifth Avenue, New York City, sent to Madeline, 1947.
5. Black-and-white photo postcard: Lisieux Basilica (Basilique), sent to Florence and Madeline, 1961.
6. Color photographic postcard: The White House, South Portico, sent to Madeline Miller, postmarked Washington, D.C., 1978.
7. Folding Post Card: Scenes Along the Colorado Midland Ry. [Railway.] Sent to Madeline Miller from San Francisco. No date, but 1 cent postage and the railroad ceased operations in 1918, so probably 1917 or earlier. Fold-out postcard with twenty-two color lithographed images.
|Year Range from||1910|
|Year Range to||1978|
716 Bloomfield St.
|Caption||postcards from top 1 to 3|
Social & Personal Activity
Tourists & Tourism