|Title||Newspaper clipping from album of article "Pretty Outlook on Washington Street" from the New Inquirer, (May) 23, 1914.|
|Collection||Family & Friends Memorabilia Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Edward Cooke Stanton|
|Scope & Content||
Newspaper clipping from album of article "Pretty Outlook on Washington Street" from the New Inquirer, (May) 23, 1914.
Sub head: Did You Ever Notice the Work of Nature Just Above Seventh Street?
Describes building appearances and foliage on the east side of Washington Street from Seventh Street to Eighth Street. Includes Trinity Episcopal Church and its rectory (the "old Dr. Fisher house"), Sacred Heart Academy, First Methodist Church and its parsonage, and the McLaughlin apartments (address not given, but they appear to be the buildings nearer to Eighth Street.)
Also describes an old elm tree and wisteria vine (planted in the 1870's) at 723 Washington St. planted by the Dr. Frank Nichols, father of Dr. G. Louis Nichols, the present owner and occupant.
Nichols, Dr. Frank
Nichols, Dr. G. Louis
|Year Range from||1914|
|Year Range to||1914|
Trinity Episcopal Church
First Methodist Church
Sacred Heart Academy
701 Washington St.
707 Washington St.
723 Washington St.
Business & Commerce