|Title||Documentation photos of Church of the Holy Innocents, Sixth St. & Willow Ave., Hoboken, June-Aug.2007.|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Hoboken Historic Sites 2007 Photographic Survey|
Documentation photographs of Church of the Holy Innocents, Sixth Street and Willow Avenue, Hoboken, June-August 2007. Photos taken by Arturo Portillo.
The 49 digital images were taken in 2007 to document the exterior only of the church which is on the National Register of Historic Places (see notes.) Images are numbered 1 to 49; archived TIFFs. A reference guide with thumbnail images as captioned and dated by the photographer is available; hardcopy and copies as PDF and MS-Word document on file.
Most of the images relate to the more visible east facade. Note that the captioned description will vary from the photographer's notes.
The church was built in 1872 with a significant enlargement in 1895 and additions in 1913 and 1932. Original architect was Edward Tuckerman Potter; 1895 addition by Henry Vaughan. The last six images document the parish house (1890's; William Halsey Wood, architect) at the corner of Clinton and Sixth Streets adjacent to the church.
|Year Range from||2007.0|
|Year Range to||2007.0|
Church of the Holy Innocents
Listing data from the National Register of Historic Places
Name: Church of the Holy Innocents, Sixth Street and Willow Avenue, Hoboken, N.j.
ID Number: 77000871
NRHP Status: Listed In The National Register
Certification Date: 05/24/1977
Designer: Vaughan, Henry [incorrect - original architect was Edward Tuckerman Potter; Vaughan was responsible for 1895 enlargment]
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, USA
Date: 1885 [incorrect - 1872]
Building Type: Religion
Construction System: Stone, Slate, Brick
Architectural Style: Shingle Style
Street Address: Willow Ave. and 6th St.
Photographs were taken by Arturo Portillo as part of an internship at the Museum in 2007.
|Caption||1: View north from Fifth Street of south facade.|