|Title||Sign, painted ring life preserver, from Kelly's Pub, 1314 Washington St., Hoboken, removed October 2007.|
|Collection||Hoboken Bar & Restaurant Memorabilia Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Robert Pino.|
Interior sign, painted ring life preserver, from Kelly's Pub, 1314 Washington St., Hoboken, removed October 2007. Initial installation not established, circa 1980s. Molded marine polyurethane foam, 30" diameter, 6-1/2" wide x 3" thick ring; synthetic black rope. Front side has orange painted background with lettering, "KELLY'S PUB" and "HOBOKEN, N.J." in green with yellow shadowing; two green shamrocks.
Back is original orange paint (different from the front) with black stenciled lettering: C.G. [Coast Guard] Support Center, New York.
This bar was once called Kelly's Tavern. This is one of two painted life rings from this bar; see 2007.072.0003 for the other one which is slightly different.
|Year Range from||1975|
|Year Range to||2007|
1314 Washington St.
Business & Commerce
Bars / Saloons