|Title||Advertising wall clock used in Marcus Jewelers, Inc. 106 Washington St., Hoboken, no date, from the early 1940's to early 1950's.|
|Object Name||Clock, Wall|
|Collection||Hoboken Commerce Collection|
Advertising wall clock used in Marcus Jewelers, Inc. 106 Washington St., Hoboken, no date, from the early 1940's to early 1950's. Internally lit electric clock with with lettering: Elgin Watches | Marcus Jewelers Inc. | 106 Washington St. | R.R. Watch Inspector. Aluminum body with glass crown; vented access panels on back for bulb change; medium screw bases, 15-25 watts typical in use.
This clock as an ink-stamped date "Mar 1955" on the bottom near the cord. Views of the store interior after renovation in 1954 show a newer clock being used inside the store. Presumably this clock was used prior to 1954. Marcus closed in the late 1990’s, but its old exterior advertising clock is still on the building.
Also image of clock seen in Kostelecky garage on Bloomfield St. Clock received with the hextagonal masonite surround ca. 3" deep; not original to manufacture of the clock. Painted blue. When made or added to the clock is not known.
|Year Range from||1945.0|
|Year Range to||1955.0|
106 Washington St.
|Caption||on exhibit 2006|
|Notes||Elgin Watch Company produced watches 1854-1964.|
Business & Commerce