|Title||Plastic pencil pointer stock no. 3505 made by the Keuffel & Esser Co., (Hoboken), n.d., ca. 1954-1965.|
|Object Name||Sharpener, Pencil|
|Collection||Keuffel & Esser Company Collection|
|Credit||Museum Collections. Gift of a friend of the Museum.|
Plastic pencil pointer stock no. 3505 made by the Keuffel & Esser Co., (Hoboken), no date, circa 1950-1960. Molded green plastic 7-1/2" long x 1-1/2" wide x 1/2" thick with metal spring insert for holding sandpaper sheets. Original box (poor condition.)
With: package of 12 flint paper sheets in original packaging, stock number 58 0538 (with old stock number printed below - "Old 3505F.") Wrapper states it was for "Refillable Pencil Pointer 58 0535" which would be the new stock number for no. 3505 above. (K&E re-numbered its stock ca. 1956-1962.) This refill package was probably made between 1956 and 1965.
The pointer was probably introduced in the 41st edition catalog of 1949 where the model number and the plastic form is seen.
Obviously not a mechanical pencil sharpener. A typical item used in drafting work.
K&E had their main office and factories in Hoboken until December, 1968.
|Year Range from||1950|
|Year Range to||1960|
K & E
Keuffel & Esser Co.
Business & Commerce