|Title||Enameled metal, single-sided exterior sign, "New Jersey Restaurant," in 3 panels.|
|Object Name||Sign, trade|
|Collection||Hoboken Commerce Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Peter Superti|
Enameled metal, single-sided exterior sign, "New Jersey Restaurant," in 3 panels. Ca. 1930-40's. 13'-2.75" wide x 37.75" high x 1" deep. According to R. Foster, there was a fourth panel that ran the full length of the sign at the top with a clock. This piece was not part of the donation. Sign originally had neon lettering, not present and color(s) not known.
12"h sans-serif uppercase moderne-style lettering in maroon on a cream background. Two lines, 4" between lines, justified 12" in from each end: "NEW JERSEY | RESTAURANT."
Left panel: 52.5" wide, "NEW | RES" with 7 holes for neon.
Center panel: 53" wide, "[space]JER| TAUR" with 7 holes for neon.
Right panel: 53.25" wide, "SEY | ANT" with 5 holes for neon.
Minor scratching and edge damage.
The sign came from a restaurant located at 462 Newark St., Hoboken. At present, the same building has been a Domino's Pizza for ca. 5 years. Prior to that is was a restaurant called "Ali Baba" for 3-4 years. It was their second restaurant in Hoboken. Their first (earlier) restaurant continues in business on Washington St.
|Year Range from||1930|
|Year Range to||1940|
New Jersey Restaurant
462 Newark St.