|Title||Bottle, syrup: "Log Cabin' Syrup"; cabin logo. (Log Cabin Products Div. of General Foods, Hoboken) N.d., ca. 1940-1948.|
|Collection||Hoboken Manufactured Products Collection|
|Credit||Museum Collections. Gift of a friend of the Museum.|
Syrup bottle with molded "Log Cabin' Syrup" and cabin logo; "Reg. U.S. Pat[ent]. Off. (Log Cabin Syrup or Log Cabin Products Division of General Foods, Hoboken.) No date, circa 1940-1948. Clear mold blown glass, 10" high x 3-3/4" wide x 2-7/8" oval base; integral neck handle. Contents amount not stated on object; probably 12 fluid ounces. Original cap not present; external screw cap top. Owen-Corning maker's mark, 'Duraglas' in script, plus other mark not legible, appears to be a patent number. Back of bottle has small mark: E1574.
This bottle, made for retail packaging and distribution, is from the period when the Log Cabin Products Division of General Foods was based in Hoboken (beginning in 1926-1927.)
Duraglas bottles were first produced in the later part of 1940. Whether Log Cabin was an early customer for this glass brand has not been established, but it 1940 does make for the earliest date if would have been used. (Glass would have probably been the material of choice during World War II due to restrictions on metal use for civilians.) By about 1948, Log Cabin had replaced it with another style of bottle.
|Year Range from||1940|
|Year Range to||1948|
Log Cabin Products Co.
General Foods Corporation
Business & Commerce