|Title||Exterior sign from Kelly's Pub, 1314 Washington St., Hoboken, removed Oct. 2007.|
|Collection||Hoboken Bar & Restaurant Memorabilia Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Robert Pino.|
Exterior sign from Kelly's Pub, 1314 Washington St., Hoboken, removed October 2007. Initial installation not established, circa 1980s. Painted wood, 24" high x 14 feet long. Plywood, 2 pieces, 3/4" thick x 7' long, framed on back perimeter with 2x2 wood; front face edge has 1-3/8" wide clamshell molding. Background, green paint; yellow shamrocks each end; Tuscan style capital lettering, "KELLY'S PUB," in same yellow with ochre and black shadowing. Shadow paint is peeling. Six detail images of face on file.
This bar was once called Kelly's Tavern.
Several small clips, staples and thumbtacks present on front molding where they were used for temporary signs that have been attached in the past (such as promotional signs from beer brands for Saint Patrick's Day parade. etc.) For storage, the sign has been dismantled along the center vertical seam into two seven foot sections marked left and right. Two 4d box nails with painted heads removed from the center seam and have been retained; stored on the back of the right half.
|Year Range from||1975|
|Year Range to||2007|
1314 Washington St.
Business & Commerce
Bars / Saloons