|Title||Sign, painted ring life preserver, from Kelly's Pub, 1314 Washington St., Hoboken, removed October 2007.|
|Collection||Hoboken Bar & Restaurant Memorabilia Collection|
|Credit||Gift of Robert Pino.|
Interior sign, painted ring life preserver, from Kelly's Pub, 1314 Washington St., Hoboken, removed October 2007. Initial installation not established, circa 1980s. Molded marine polyurethane foam, 28" diameter, 6-1/2" wide x 3-1/2" thick ring; web straps with 1/2" manila rope. Front side has orange painted background on one half with green on the other half; with lettering, "KELLY'S PUB" and "HOBOKEN, N.J." in cream paint with yellow shadowing
Back is painted in the same background scheme as front without lettering. Peeling paint in area at top left front reveals that there is stenciled lettering under the green paint.
This bar was once called Kelly's Tavern. This is one of two painted life rings from this bar; see 2007.072.0002 for the other one which is slightly different.
|Year Range from||1975|
|Year Range to||2007|
1314 Washington St.
Business & Commerce
Bars / Saloons